Fempro 2.5 mg (letrozole) containing the active ingredient Letrozole is a non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor, a type of medicine. The drug works by preventing the aromatase enzyme from the conversion of androstenedione and testosterone to estrogen. It can be used to treat and prevent the return of breast cancer in postmenopausal women, slowing the growth of certain types of breast tumors that require estrogen to grow. Tablets should be used after other medications or procedures, such as radiation or surgery, have proven to be ineffective.
Follow your doctor’s instructions.
The usual dose is one tablet of Fempro 2.5 mg (Letrozole) per day. Swallow the pill and drink a glass of water or other liquid. If you feel discomfort in the stomach after taking the pill, then take it with food or immediately after.
Only your doctor can determine how long your treatment should last.
Side effects (individual):
- Swelling of the legs, ankles or other parts of the body due to accumulation of fluid in the body before
- Skin rash, itching or dry skin
- Pain in muscles, joints, or bones; joint stiffness, arthritis
- Vaginal bleeding or bleeding
- Whitish, thick vaginal discharge, vaginal dryness
- Fatigue, drowsiness, weakness or dizziness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Mood changes such as anxiety, nervousness, irritability and depression (sad mood)
- Changes in the sense of taste
- Blurred vision or eye irritation
- Indigestion, nausea (feeling of nausea) and vomiting, abdominal pain
- Dry mouth, pain in the mouth, mouth ulcers and herpes
- Increased thirst
- Chest pain
- Excessive sweating
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Thinning hair
- Urgent desire to urinate
- Pain or burning when urinating, which may be a sign of infection
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Thinning bones (osteoporosis), which leads to bone fractures in some cases
- High blood cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- Abnormal liver function test results (blood test)